Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You Can't Go Wrong With Pink and Glitter!

Hi everyone! So, as you know I get most of my nail art inspiration by searching the web, and this post was inspired by a picture I found on Pinterest!

 (See this link for full details! http://www.dailymakeover.com/blogs/beauty-trends-and-news/instagram-inspiration-pastel-nails-last-hoorah.html?slideid=6&slideshowPaused=false)


pretty pastel nails with a pop of sparkle {love}
Now I kept seeing this nail design pop up on my Pinterest page, and I had to give it a shot! Now I will warn you, mine didn't turn out exactly like this picture, but it does channel all of the girly cuteness!

So, first things first, what supplies do you need? Well, I used a white polish for the base, pink for the stripes and I used silver glitter instead of gold. Also, you want tape so you can make the stripes.  Now I also tried a new technique that involved a ziplock bag (which I will get into later in the post) but this part is completely optional! OK, here we go!


Start with your white base.  This is pretty self explanatory!


Now, cut your tape strips to make the stripes.  You can use symmetrical stripes like me, or mix it up with different sizes, it is up to you! Once again, I am using painters tape, but you can use any kind of tape, just make sure that the white coat is COMPLETELY dry, or the tape will peel it right off!


OK, so once you have your nails taped, paint over them with the pink color (or color of your choice!).  I like the peel the tape off immediately after painting.  See the picture below to see my progress.


Notice that I left my ring finger blank.  This is because I am going to put a heart on this nail.  Now I know that the original shows stars, but lets be honest....I can't draw stars nearly as well as I can hearts! :)

So, now I am going to use one of my fine tip brushes and very carefully trace along the stripes with my silver glitter.  To be honest, I messed up on a couple of the them and they didn't look bad, so don't worry if they are perfect!

Ok, so here is what it looks like so far! The next part is where I experimented a little bit. Once again I was on Pinterest and I seen an interesting idea that I had to try.  Basically, this post said that you could paint little designs on a ziplock bag with nail polish, let it dry, then peel it off and stick it on your nail! (see the link http://www.ohsoprettythediaries.com/2012/04/manic-mani-monday-flame-manicure.html).  So I thought, this is genius! So, I thought I would try to make my heart design by this method.


So here is my ziplock bag with my little hearts that I made out of pink nail polish! I will say it was easier to paint them on a flat surface instead of my nails.  I also ended up adding silver glitter on the outside of the hearts.  Let me say that these take a while to dry....like half an hour.  I am also glad that I made extras because I ruined most of them when trying to peel them off.  Now I did get a couple to work, and all you do is stick them on your nail and paint over it with a top coat nail polish.  All in all, not a bad idea, but I need to practice on it some more.


So here is the finished product! Like I said, it is not as perfect as the original, but it came out pretty good and I did get a lot of compliments!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment