Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Zebra Stripes!!

Hello again! This is my second post today (I have been a busy lady!). Now this one is inspired by a photo that I found just searching images on Google.  See the inspiration image below:


What I love about this design is that it is not your typical zebra stripe design.  I love that the nail artist used a matte finish for the base and used a glossy finish for the stripes! So, I am taking this and tweeking it just a little.  I am going to use a black matte base, but I am going to use pink for the stripes! You can use any color though!


So here is the polish I am going to use.  I have a plain black polish, my matte top coat and a bright pink for the stripes.  Pretty simple!


First thing, paint your nails black. If you have a hard time painting your nails dark colors like this and can't clean up the edges of your nails well, I have a little tip for you.  Before painting your nails, take a little vaseline and rub it on the skin around your nail.  That way, when you are done painting your nails and the polish dries, the polish that gets on your skin will just wash off! 


Ok, next we want to put the matte top coat over the black polish.  It is hard to really tell from the picture, but this polish gives the black polish that great satin finish.  I highly recommend that you all go out and get some of this matte polish, you will not be disappointed!


Now comes the fun part! Take a skinny nail art brush or paint brush and start making zebra stripes! Now I can definitely tell you that the person who made the original design used a stamping tool to make her stripes. You can easily make this look work by free handing it!  If you are worried about trying it out on your nail the first time, practice by painting on a piece of paper first.  It doesn't need to be perfect though, it will look cool either way!


Here is the finished product! DO NOT PUT A TOP COAT OVER THE STRIPES! I say this because you will ruin the matte effect.  The matte finish was a top coat, so the design should still hold out for you :).  What I love most about this design is that it is subtle indoors in low lighting (so if you need a professional look for work, this is ok!) but as soon as you go out into the sunlight, the pink stripes stand right out!!  I hope you all enjoy this look!!






No comments:

Post a Comment