Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Faded Pink Stripes

I saw a picture of some faded pink stripes while browsing online the other day, and I loved it! Sadly, I thought I save the link but I cannot find it now, so I won't be able to post an inspiration photo or link :(. So, here is my finished result:


So it might be a little hard to tell from my picture, but I used a white polish as a base color, added pink stripes (which have a fading effect), and then added a little glitter. So grab some colors and a make-up sponge and let's get to it! First, paint your nails white:


Once this coat is dry, you want to cut up some strips of tape (whatever width you want) and apply two to three strips to each nail:


Now take your make-up sponge, dip it in a little pink polish and start dabbing at the tip of the nail and work your way down the nail. This will create a faded look.



If you make the pink too dark towards the bottom of the stripes, no problem! Just dab a little bit of the white polish on with the sponge and it will give you the look you want too! Once you are done, peel the tape off.  You will notice I did my ring finger in the opposite direction to make it stand out a little!


To top off the look I added some glitter, making sure there was more glitter at the tip of the nail and fading it to the base of the nail (to match the stripes).


Add a top coat, and you are done!!




No comments:

Post a Comment