Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Galaxy Nails!

Up next is the Galaxy Nails! I did these last week (nails were still pretty short, sorry!) and posted the finished product (below) and had so many people ask how I did it! Well it was super simple!!


Here is the picture I found on Pinterest....I would give you a link, but the link was apparently taken down or broken, so sorry to whoever put this adorable nail are online!!

Galaxy Nails

As you can see, all of the steps are right in the picture above, but I am going to post my own step by step pictures to show you that you don't have to be a professional to get this look! So, what you need for this design is a black polish for the base color, 3 or 4 colors you want to use to make the galaxy effect, and a make-up sponge.  I also used a paper plate to help with the mess.




If you can't tell by looking at my paper plate, I practiced with a bunch of colors to see which ones I liked best and I decided to go with blue, purple, white and pink. So after applying the black base I started with blue and just dabbed a little bit on each nail like so:


I did the same thing with each color, overlapping them a little to give it that cool galaxy effect. The best part about this design is that it doesn't have to be perfect!  


Once all of the colors have been applied, you want to top it off with a glitter polish to make the "stars". Make sure that you dab some of the glitter polish off of your brush before apply it because you don't want too much glitter, just enough to add to the effect.  Once you top it off with a top coat, you are done!



No comments:

Post a Comment